Hong Kong International Documentary Festival 2019
Call for EntriesDeadline: 10th May 2019
Visible Record's Hong Kong International Documentary Festival will be held in September 2019. The Chinese Documentary Competition is now open to any documentary with Chinese subject matter.
Founded in 2004, Visible Record is a non-profit arts organisation, which has dedicated itself to promoting documentaries.
- Documentary films produced between 1 January 2017 and 10 May 2019.
- Such films should contain no less than 50 percent of dialogue in Chinese (including dialects) or issues on Chinese societies.
- Feature film: 60 minutes or above; Short film: 59 minutes or below.
Please fill in the application form which is on the following webpage before the deadline. Online screener of the film must be provided.
- Names of the director(s), title and region(s) of the film should be stated on the webpage / file name of the screener.
- It is preferred that films submitted via online screener be available for the jury to download.
- Online screeners should include Chinese or English subtitles.
- Finalist films should include both Chinese and English subtitles.
- Films are ineligible if they have been commercially released on DVD, available online, or publicly broadcast on any TV channels in Hong Kong.
- The list of finalists will be announced by late August, 2019. Once the film is nominated, it is not allowed to be withdrawn from the competition and no other public screening in Hong Kong is permitted before the end of the Festival. In case of violation of the above clauses, the organisers reserve the right to claim for compensation for damages caused by entrant.
- The organisers and the jury have the right to disqualify any entrant due to violation of the regulations.